Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life with a Two Year Old- Learning our colours

"What colour are Daddy's eyes, Sera?" 

"Uh... red!" she answered brightly.

"Gee thanks," I said.  "What colour are Sera's eyes?"

She shut her eyelids tight in evident concentration, clearly expecting to catch a glimpse of her eyeballs via some reflective process.  The logic was impressive.

"Sera, I don't think that will work.  You need to go look in the mirror."

"Mirror?" 

"Right.  Where's the mirror?"

She pointed over her shoulder towards the bathroom.  "Over dere," she said, then raised her arms skyward.  "Up now."

Of course, we need to look in the mirror right now.   As I lifted her, I re-tried the original query.

"What colour are Daddy's eyes?"

She looked at me intently, obviously aware that her previous answer wasn't correct.

"Pink!"  She said.

Much better.

No comments: